Wednesday, May 6, 2009

T-minus 10 days and counting...

Yesterday, I had a meeting with Tom Munn, the lighting faculty member in the Department of Theatre and Dance to talk lighting for the evening cabaret. I don't think he would admit it, but I saw him getting pretty excited. When we walked into the secret location, his mind was cranking. I saw him walk the space like a private investigator. Making sure there were plenty of outlets and how the placement of the stage could affect the placement of the lighting instruments. He sees lots of red rope lights and a simple lighting plot that can be used for the entire evening without change. Simple.

Praba Pilar my partner in crime for the evening portion will be guiding the scenic elements. I am thinking swarths of rich fabric to really warm up this cool space. We also talked yesterday about using the 2 foot risers from the department of Theatre and Dance to create a small stage area. Since the audience is on one level and the ground is not level in all areas, I want to make sure everyone can see.

Thank god I have a team of Alpha Phi Omega volunteers to help that morning. One of my DRA 10 students, Maverick Bohn, is on the task of finding DADA images and quotes to put on the volunteer hats. I will check in with my ladies from the Prytanean Society today to see how their presentation went yesterday. It would be great to have more hands on deck.

Now, the chick from the Cal Aggie Band-uh just needs to call me back...

2 comments:

liladas said...

http://www.uaeflorist.com



Send gifts to uae. Online delivery of flowers to uae. Gift to uae. .chocolates, cakes, watches, teddy, sweets, fresh fruits, dry fruits.
Anniversary, birthday, wedding gifts, cakes to uae. Mithai same day delivery to uae Gift Shop.

Indrashis said...

Accessorize your personal and seasonal events with marvelous gifts. Your relations are the indispensables to your life, and gifts pay tribute to their contributions. Visit www.freshflowersbangalore.com/mothers_day_gifts.asp today.